If You Fell Asleep Last Night, Then Here’s All You Need To Know That Happened At The Lux Style Awards
The Lux Style Awards 2017 wrapped up after quite the bang last night in Karachi. The crème de la crème of the film and music fraternity were present in an action-packed starry night full of sparkling lights, trail length gowns, melodies and dance. If you fell asleep and missed what happened, then look no further! Here are ALL the moments you need to know about:
1. Ahsan Khan mentioning the late Mashal Khan during his heartfelt speech.
Ahsan Khan won Best Actor for his incredible portrayal in drama Udaari.
2. Atif Aslam playing tribute to the late Junaid Jamshed
3. …And also Atif poking fun at Ali Zafar in all good humour!
4. …Oh and Atif singing the most wonderful rendition of our national anthem! (Atif overshadowing most of our moment ngl)
5. Tina Sani rightfully winning the Lifetime Achievement Award and giving a speech that had us in tears!
She was given standing ovation on receiving this prestigious accolade, and we cannot be more thrilled! No one deserves it more!
6. Reema setting the stage on fire with her breathtaking classical dance.
— Weekly Social Diary (@SocialDiaryMagz) April 19, 2017
7. …And then Marwa joining in!
8. Mahira Khan and Osman Khalid Butt doing a (slightly cheesy) hilarious battle rap!
9. The cutest couple of the evening, Mohib playing a dashing Aladdin and Amina channelling her inner princess!
Serious goals tho…
10. Abid Brohi showing everyone how it’s done with his legit AF rap! This boy is going places!
11. Imran Abbas paying homage to members of the fraternity who passed away.
12. The gowns of the evening…
13. And the men of the evening too!
14. Meera ji’s usual claims about how she’s the most beautiful…face on earth and is sixteen years old (?)
15. Ali Zafar donning a gladiator costume and swooning Maya Ali around stage
— Galaxy Lollywood (@galaxylollywood) April 19, 2017
16. …And then Ali Zafar snapping a picture of his beautiful wife Ayesha amidst the hustle and bustle of the night.
It’s safe to say Lux Style Awards delivered far beyond expectations. To those who won the awards, congratulations. To those who went to give us unlimited entertainment, thank you. Until next time.